From Pennsylvania, USA:

I am a school counselor. I am working with a recently diagnosed nine-year-old boy with Type 1. He came to me because he was having nightmares. Is this typical in children with diabetes?

I would not connect diabetes with nightmares per se. Nine year olds do have nightmares on occasion.

[Editor's comment: The only link I'm aware of, between nightmares and diabetes, is that nightmares might be an indication of low blood sugar whilst asleep. The parents should plan to check some middle-of-the-night blood sugar levels to look for this possibility. WWQ]

Posted to Behavior and Hypoglycemia