From Port Angeles, Washington, USA:

I am 27 and have had Type 1 diabetes for 15 years. I also have had anorexia nervosa for almost as long. Even though I have gotten a lot of help with my eating disorder from other anorexics and counselors, I still tend to feel alone with having diabetes and anorexia. Are there others out there with both disorders?

I have encountered clients with both an eating disorder and diabetes in my practice. However, I do not know of any support services for both conditions.

Additional comments from Lois Schmidt Finney, diabetes dietitian:

There is an expert on that subject here at the University of Minnesota. She is a professor of psychiatry and I guess has worked extensively in this field. I know I have referred clients from a distance to her and she has been extremely helpful.

Posted to Behavior