Question:

From Sacramento, California, USA

I'm 33 years old and have had Type 1 diabetes since my 7th birthday. I need to find alternative medications for my high blood pressure (lisinopril) and cholesterol (Zocor) during my planned pregnancy in the next 2-3 months. My doctor mentioned baby aspririn (6) for the high blood pressure medication. Do you have any suggestions and or successes with other diabetics switching meds during pregnancy for the above-mentioned? Thank you for your assistance.

Answer:

I haven't heard of any successes or the opposite with baby ASA during pregnancy in place of an antihypertensive agent. Your physician, or a pharmacist, will have to look to see which of the antihypertensives and anticholesterolemics have better Pregancy Category ratings.

MGB

Posted to Other Medications