Question:

From Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA:

My son is 6 years old with Type 1 diabetes. He was diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago. His blood sugars go from 16 up to so high the meter will not read it. I was told he was a brittle diabetic. Also my son has been having seizures along with all of this. What can I do to prevent the siezures and control his blood sugars? Diet, exercise, and a schedule have all been tried and he is deteriorating very fast.

Answer:

If you have not had your child evaluated by a team experienced in the care of children with diabetes, I would highly recommend this. This situation is too complex to evaluate over the internet.

LM