From Ontario, Canada:

Have you heard of any problem with the [brand name deleted] meter? My 13 year-old daughter has been using it since she was diagnosed 5 months ago. She is now into her second machine of the same brand because the first one stopped working. Now the replacement which is a month or so old is acting up just like the first. I have recommended it to an officemate and hers had to be replaced as well. Now we are scared if it suddenly stops working when the stores are closed so it will be impossible to get an immediate replacement.

If you are having a problem with your meter, talk to your diabetes educator or physician and the manufacturer to make sure you are using it correctly. If you are using a new meter on the market, you might ask to be shown a meter which has a history of reliability as well as the features you are looking for.