From Turkey:

I have had diabetes for about 24 years and now I am 30 years old. I wonder what's the latest research for a real solution. Will it possible in the near future?

At this moment there is little prospect for a 'cure' for autoimmune diabetes. Nevertheless there has been steady progress in transplantation and prevention. There is a real prospect that the GlucoWatch may soon be approved for glucose monitoring and that inhaled insulin may bring some relief from insulin injections. Perhaps most important of all new insulins and new improvements in insulin pumps are making better control more easily achievable and whilst this does not do all that much to relieve the tiresomeness of daily care it relentlessly diminishes the likely impact of complications.

Posted to Research: Cure