Question:

From Cuenca, Azuay, Ecuador:

My daughter is 8 years old, and diabetes was detected a week ago. What do you suggest for her so she won't hate the insulin needle?

Answer:

My best wishes to you and your family. This is a very difficult time for a family, but things will get better with time as you all adjust to the diabetes. The injections, although difficult at first, will become routine for your family, and should not cause a lot of pain.

Learn as much as you can about type 1 diabetes in children. Your knowledge and care of your child day-to-day, make all the difference. Seek out good health care for your child with a doctor who knows about children with diabetes.

LM

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.