From Cuenca, Azuay, Ecuador:

My daughter is 8 years old, and diabetes was detected a week ago. What do you suggest for her so she won't hate the insulin needle?

My best wishes to you and your family. This is a very difficult time for a family, but things will get better with time as you all adjust to the diabetes. The injections, although difficult at first, will become routine for your family, and should not cause a lot of pain.

Learn as much as you can about type 1 diabetes in children. Your knowledge and care of your child day-to-day, make all the difference. Seek out good health care for your child with a doctor who knows about children with diabetes.