From Michigan, USA:

I have a four year old who has been having blood sugar fluctuations for 2 years now. She has been as low as 30 and as high as 220. Just prior to her having these blood sugar problems, she had contacted the Ebstein Barr Virus. Is there a link between the two? And if not please explain, because I have read many medical books and articles that say there most certainly is a link.

The EB virus is so common that it would be very likely that some children with diabetes would also have blood tests that would be positive for the EB virus. It doesn't mean that the virus caused the diabetes, although any acute viral illness can act as a stress that would allow previously unsuspected diabetes to become obvious by driving the blood sugars up and causing diabetic symptoms.