From Long Beach, California, USA:

What kind of sweets can I fix for a diabetic without putting him in the hosptial? He loves cheesecake. Is there a recipe for it I can fix? Or a recipe for jellycake?

There are many recipie books containing recipies modified for someone with diabetes. I believe there are some sugar free mixes on the market which will most likely be found in the diet section of the supermarket in most areas of the country. Depending on how sugar is treated in the meal plan, sometimes just reducing the sugar in the recipe will work. You may want to check the American Diabetes Association for books and some of these may be available through your local bookstore.

[Editor's comment: Be sure to see our list of Readers' Favorite Recipes. JSH]