Does anyone have any information on natural cures for diabetes? Silly question since I'm probably addressing some science community. However, if anyone does has any anecdotal information that you would like to pass on, I would appreciate your help.

Strictly speaking, there still no 'cures' for diabetes in the absolute sense of complete restoration to normality and that goes for conventional and natural remedies. If you can get hold of a copy in your nearest Medical Library, you should try to read the September 1998 of the New England Journal Of Medicine which contains a very good editorial and a number of articles on alternative medicine in general.

Moreover the role of alternative medecine is restoring a feeling of control even when the documented evidence of benefit is minimal is incresingly recognised. I am sorry if this response disappoints you.

Having said all that, at our center we are actually doing a controlled trial of a proprietary medicine called F54522. This contains some 30 compounds for which some benefit to diabetes has been claimed. The expectations is that it will not prove of any value otherwise of course the next laborious step will be to see which of the many components is of benefit.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations