Question:

From South Bend, Indiana, USA:

My husband, 46 years old, insulin dependent for 19 years, has extremely itchy skin, especially on his back. I try to put lotion on his back after he showers. Any other ideas that will decrease the itching?

Answer:

I'm sorry but I am not aware of any particular method, above a good cream on the itchy dry skin after your husband showers, to hydrate his skin. He'll have to ask a good generalist or dermatologist to take a look at the skin to get more specific help.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.