From Greenbrier, Tennessee, USA:

What is the normal dose of insulin for a person with Type 1 Diabetes? I'm 33 and was diagnosed at age 32; I take about 35 units of 70/30 a day. My wife has a cousin who has Type 1 Diabetes and she only takes 13 units a day. Why such the big difference? I know body weight would play a part but there's not more than 40 pounds difference between us. I have a vary active job also.

The average dose of exogenous insulin for a type 1 diabetic adult, not overweight, is around 0.7-0.8 units per kilogram of normal body weight ( a normal pancreas secretes around 40 units of insulin daily). The dose can vary according to the residual endogenous insulin secretion (as happens during the honeymoon).