From Gallup, New Mexico, USA:

I do a lot of baking of cookies for diabetics and have come across some recipes using "brown sugar substitute." Could you tell me where I could find this? I'm assuming it has no sugar in it. If you can give me a brand name, perhaps our local supermarket could order it.

I believe what they are referring to is Sugar Twin. It comes in brown and white. It actually isn't too bad and it has been around a long time. I believe the substitution is spoon for spoon, however, you will need to follow the directions.