From Colorado, USA:

In a previous question, you discussed vitamin E reducing the sensitivity to insulin. I would like more information as I have been megadosing on vitamin E and have been increasing my insulin dosage to maintain acceptable levels.

One study done in Japan showed less sensitivity to insulin among those with type 2 diabetes and another study has shown preliminarily an improvement in eye changes in those with type 1 diabetes on Vitamin E supplements. I feel, however, that no supplements or just a one-a-day type pill is best. These are small studies and Vitamin E does accumulate in the body, so the jury is still out.

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Insulin