From Manila, Philippines:

I recently found ants in the soiled diaper of my 1 month old son which I had left standing for a while. Could this indicate diabetes? I myself am diabetic and was treated with insulin for the duration of my pregnancy.

In the old days, diabetes used to sometimes be diagnosed because flies would hover around urine with sugar in it (often a child would have an accident and urinate on the floor before diabetes was diagnosed.) I never heard reports of ants being attracted to the sugary urine. Fortunately today there are more accurate and faster methods of diagnosis. I suggest you speak to your doctor about obtaining a urine sample for sugar, especially if your child is urinating excessively or drinking a lot.