Question:

From Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA:

I'm a 44 year old man who has had diabetes for ten years. Last week, my endocrinologist put me on insulin. He also prescribed glucagon should I become unconscious. If you read the instructions, the injection can be given in three places. What site would you recommend for glucagon injection, or doesn't it matter?

Answer:

I don't believe it really matters. Glucagon is for situations where you are unable to take glucose by mouth. I would hope you will manage your diabetes so you never need to use it.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.