Question:

From Texas, USA:

My son is 6.5 years old and was diagnosed with type 1 about two months ago. About 4 weeks ago, he developed painful welts on the bottoms, sides, of his feet and toes. He couldn't walk for 2 days. They went away after 1.5 weeks. The pediatrician had never seen anything like it nor any of her colleagues. The endocrinologist hadn't heard of anything like it either. One welt showed up last week but has gone away also. Have you, or anyone, ever heard of anything like this?

Answer:

I have never heard of this as a reaction to insulin. I would suggest seeing a dermatologist if they recur.

Posted to Aches and Pains