From Thailand:

My father has diabetes. He's 64 years old. I want to help him control his sugar by checking his urine, so I want to know more about equipment to check the urine. Can you help me or provide information?

I'd rather suggest you to assess your father's diabetes (I assume he has Type 2) through strips for home blood sugar determination, possibly with portable meters. If meters are not available in Thailand, there are strips for reading by eye that are good enough.

Fasting and postprandial blood sugar at least twice a week are recommended for evaluating daily blood sugar excursions while HbA1c should be also assessed three or four times a year.

Urine sugar determination is not recommended anymore, even for people with type 2 diabetes. You'll find much detailed information about home blood sugar monitoring on the pages of this website.