From California, USA:

My son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes a year and a half ago. He is now 4 years old. Can you tell me more about these Subcutaneous Infusion Sets (Insuflon)? Is this something that might work well for a small child?

The Insuflon is a flexible catheter through which you inject the insulin. It has to be changed every few days. You still need to draw up the insulin into a syringe, but you inject it through the catheter.

My personal opinion is that I don't see a real advantage to this product, as the Insuflon has to stay attached to your child between insulin doses. I am sure others have found the device helpful. For young children, it is the stopping them from what they are doing to give the insulin, that seems to be the issue for most kids. If the shots are painful, speak to your diabetes care provider for tips for making the injection more comfortable.

If you wish to find out more information, contact Chronimed at 1-800-444-5951.