From London, UK:

I am a Bulgarian national living in London.

I would like to enquire about a product called PP Nikotinamid. It has been recommended to a family friend, whose grand-daughter has just been diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 8. As I understand it is in quite a severe form. Unfortunately, I do not know any medical details, as I was told about it by my mother on the phone. The family have been trying to find the above drug in Bulgaria and Turkey without any success. I was wondering whether you could give me any indication under what name it is registered (I was dictated PP Nikotinamid on the phone) and how I can help this child get it.

Nicotinamide is being investigated as possibly having a role in the prevention of diabetes. There is no reason to give it to your friend's grand-child.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations and Research: Causes and Prevention