From Coventry, West Midlands, UK:

Can you tell me if there has been any research done on diabetes and amphetamine taking and if so the effects that have been found?

I have done a Medline search and found no evidence of any research on the interaction of amphetamines with diabetes. However, on first principles, amphetamines speed up metabolism and so may be expected to increase the likelihood of hypoglycaemia. This is especially true if abused and associated with "heightened" awareness together with forgetfulness to take enough carbohydrate. The classical situation is the use of Ecstasy at raves.