From Greece:

I don't have diabetes but my girlfriend does. She is 22 years old and has diabetes Type 1 for 4 months. I would like to know about the psychology in people with diabetes. I want to help her.

Your girlfriend is fortunate to have you in her life. Diabetes is a chronic disease and can get frustrating to manage after a while. Be a good listener, encourage her, and learn all you can about diabetes so that you can help if she needs your help. People with diabetes are just people, with several extra concerns. Approach your girlfriend in love and not in fear. In general, that is the best advice I can give you.

Posted to Behavior