From Eagan, Minnesota, USA:

My daughter is 15 years old and has had type 1 for 14 years. She had mononucleosis several months ago. She is still so fatigued that she is unable to go to school for a couple days at a time and just sleeps. She goes to bed early in the hopes that she can go to school the next day, but when the next day comes she feels she will throw up and is too tired to get up. She tests her blood at least 4 times a day and takes four shots a day of lispro and NPH. She has been described as brittle, although her blood sugars have been better lately. She does seem to make ketones easily. Any ideas to help her get some energy back?

The situation that you describe is quite common after mono. Assuming that your doctor has checked out that there's nothing else going on, all I can suggest is that your daughter tries to return to school on a part-time basis in the first instance -- e.g., afternoons only. This can increase as she feels stronger. Quite possibly, and understandably after all of this time, there is an element of anxiety about returning to school and you should consider help from a psychologist.