From Vienna, Austria:

My dad has diabetes and his levels are between 382 & 389 mg/dl. He is 67 years old and was diagnosed about 15 years ago. I believe in a "cure for all" remedy consisting of a mixture of honey, apple vinegar and warm water. I thought perhaps that this might also help his overall health situation but am not sure if he should be taking honey at all. As honey is a natural product and does not need to be digested by the body, would it be okay for him to take it?

Honey is a natural sugar as is the sugar and starch that comes from plants, like sugar cane and beets, and all of them raise your blood sugar quickly. Sounds to me like your father desperately needs some help with his diabetes. We now know for sure that his goals for control should be a blood sugar between 80 and 120 before meals. He will need medications in addition to meal planning and exercise to achieve this. You should talk this over with him and maybe his physician.

Has he seen a diabetes educator? Ask his doctor about a referral to a diabetes specialist and diabetes educator. He could be feeling much better and keeping his body healthy by getting his blood sugar into control.

As for the vinegar: It probably won't hurt, but I'm not sure that it helps, except on salads.