Question:

From Cheboygan,Michigan, USA:

I have a 15 year old son who was diagnosed 4 years ago and with him starting puberty shortly after his blood sugar levels are like a rollercoaster! Help!

Does this go on until he is 18? I'm having a real hard time with this. If you have a child the same age with these problems please email me so I can see if I'm going crazy or if it's normal.

jdls_habla_97_98_99@yahoo.com

Answer:

Adolescence, with all the hormones and everything else does make diabetes management more "interesting". How's that to understate?

It is more difficult, but that doesn't mean give up. It requires diligence and teamwork: Adolescent, family, and diabetes team. I don't know how all that is fitting together for you, but persist and seek out members of the team, including the psychosocial members if you need them.

Posted to Puberty