From the United Kingdom:

A friend of mine's brother, age 22, has diabetes of a different form caused by "guts permability". Is there where he can find out information and help about it? His brother is unable to work, function or live a normal life.

I think your friend's brother needs to ask his doctor to write down exactly what sort of diabetes he is supposed to have because I am sure it is not 'guts permability'. My only thought at this stage is that either he has a complication of his diabetes which is a disorder of the nerve supply to the bowel which can make normal life very difficult; but which is treatable or if he became diabetic when he was quite young he might have a form of chronic diarrhoea called 'coeliac syndrome'. Again this can be a difficult condition to live with; but it is very easily treated by a wheat-free diet and it is quite commonly associated with the common form of diabetes in young people.

Do have him talk about this though either to the doctor or to the Medical Social Worker.