From Monterey Park, California USA:

My mother is a middleaged woman, around 50, of Asian descent. Currently, she's diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. She is experiencing pain in the lower and upper spine sections, the chest, her abdomen. She has feet that look like they are swollen. She get's this terrible pain in them. Can you tell me why this is occurring? Her doctor merely describes this situation based on the fact that she has diabetes, yet she hasn't explained why or how we should ease the pain.

I'm not sure of what's going on, but I do have a recommendation.

If your doctor doesn't have both an explanation and adequate treatment, he/she should arrange a consultation with another physician to evaluate the situation. If the doctor hasn't yet, then your mom and you should demand a "second opinion." If he/she already has, he/she should share the results of the evaluation with your mom, and if your mom agrees, with you.