From Pennsylvania, USA:

I am interested in adopting a young child with diabetes. I am a well controlled Type 1 diabetic with no complications, after 21 years, due to normal HbA1c's and, probably, good genes. How do you recommend my husband I find a young child, with diabetes, needing a loving home?

Fortunately, they are hard to find, but if we are going to build our family, we thought we'd start with seeing if there are diabetic children to be adopted. If so, we feel we'd give that child a head start having a diabetic adoptive mother and a loving, forever supportive, non-diabetic father. Your suggestions would be appreciated!

I don't know of any agencies that adopt out kids with diabetes, but there are agencies that specialize in placing children with special needs. I would start with your local church and get their recommendations on agencies in your area.