Question:

I have this machine that lets me know what my sugar is. What range is it surposed to be? 80 to 114, or 150 to 200? Both doctors told me different and I'm confused.

Answer:

Please, please speak to a diabetes care professional who can help you. If your own provider cannot or will not answer your questions, seek help from someone who will. You can call 1-800-TEAM-UP4 to get the name of a diabetes educator in your area.

People without diabetes would have laboratory blood sugars in the 60-120 range usually. Home blood glucose meters are not as accurate as lab blood sugars, but are used to assess and respond to your blood sugars. You and your diabetes provider will determine your goal for blood sugars. To gain the full benefit from blood glucose monitoring you would need to have a good understanding of taking care of your diabetes.

LM