From Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada:

My 4 1/2 year old son had a high sugar concentration in his urine during a routine urinalysis. He had further blood testing which came back within the normal range. He has always had trouble digesting sugars -- he was severely lactose intolerant, and must still limit his dairy intake. He is also unable to digest many different sugars in fruit -- apples, peaches, pears, etc. He needs sugar constantly -- he drinks a minimum of one litre of KoolAid a day just to keep him from having severe mood swings. He eats two snacks a day, aside from regular meals and needs to eat on a regular schedule. He gets very cranky and aggressive when his blood sugar drops, but is greatly improved approximately 1/2 hour after drinking a sugary drink. Should I be concerned and should he be tested further? My doctor does not seem to be concerned, as he is in good health otherwise.

I doubt that your son's lactose intolerance has anything to do with the sugar in the urine. We've discussed how to evaluate glucose in the urine in previous questions. I suggest you review the following D-Team questions and answers: