From Epping, NH, USA:

My 31 year old son has had diabetes since he was 3. He has recently developed retinopathy in one eye has had laser surgery. Last week this eye had some hemoragging and it has not cleared up. The doctors are taking a wait and see attitude. He and his wife are planning a trip to Florida which requires flying. Does flying in any way have an impact on the eyes, especially the eye with the hemoragging?

I showed this question to Dr. Jackson our retinal specialist. He said that in the circumstances he thought that there was indeed a risk albeit a rather small one especially if the pressure difference was between sea level and the cabin pressure of 8500 ft.

I hope this doesn't spoil the holiday.