Question:

From Greece:

My cousin (5 years old) suffers from Type 1 diabetes. We have recently heard about some thirst removing pill called "yu quan" (Xinkang Pharmaceutical Factory). I would like to know what effects they may have.

izanan@geo.auth.gr

Answer:

I don't know what they are and since you don't either I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Type 1 diabetes is only treatable with insulin.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.