From New York, USA:

My doctor says I need to cut my sugar and sodium intake and I am clueless as to what I can drink besides spring water. Is Nutrasweet a non-sugar or another form of sugar? I was drinking low sodium, no caffeine Sprite and he said that Sprite and all soda is full of sugar.

The sugar free caffeine free drinks made with Sucralose and Nutrasweet (a brand name for aspartame) are safe. Regular soda has about 9 teaspoons of sugar per 12 ounces of soda. There are caffeine-free teas on the market, as well as sugar-free lemonade mix and Koolaid as well. The carbonated waters, as long as they are not flavored with syrups, are also a good choice. Check the nutrition information on the label of foods. Each product will have a total amount of carbohydrate on it for the serving size listed at the top of the label. 15 grams of carbohydrate is equal to a slice of bread, a piece of fruit and about 8 ounces of skim milk. If it is possible, see if you can make an appointment with a dietitian to help you develop a meal plan that will help you attain your health goals.