From Upstate New York, USA:

I'm 24 and have had Type 1 diabetes for 13 years. My A1c levels are usually in the 5 to lower 6 range. The last two were 5.4 and 5.9. I'm just wondering if having a lot of lows will do any harm to my organs. I usually catch my sugars around 50 and don't have bad reactions. I perfer to keep my sugars on the lower side rather than high. I just want to know if it will do any harm like the highs will do. For example, can I get eye or kidney damage because of lows?

Provided you are not having severe hypos or frequent moderate hypos then I know of no evidence that you are doing any harm. In fact, quite the contrary. HbA1c levels of the kind you describe should reduce your long term risk.