Question:

From Hauppauge, New York, USA:

I administer my son's insulin injection at 6:30 in the morning, but some mornings it can be at 7:15. Is it imperative that it be at the exact same time each day?

Answer:

Speak to your diabetes care provider for individual advice, but in general your schedule sounds fine. Most people have different schedules on weekends and weekdays. Dinner is rarely at the same time every day, etc. Depending on the insulins used there can be varying amounts of flexibility. Insulin regimens are best if tailored to the individual's routine.

LM

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Insulin