From Shreveport, Louisiana, USA:

I am not adjusting to my diabetes. I want to deny it. I need a food guide. I have diabetes 2 and I really resent it.

The word "resent" means to re-feel. How did you feel when the diagnosis was made? Angry? Frightened? Numb? In the initial phase of adjustment to diabetes, all of these feelings may occur. How long have you been diagnosed? Do you know of anyone else your age with diabetes? Is your physician someone you can really talk to?

It is next to impossible to handle the diagnosis of a chronic disease without support. Please seek out a network of support for yourself. The ADA is one avenue. There are local options as well through hospitals and physician's offices. Don't try to go it alone.

Posted to Behavior