From Calgary, Alberta, Canada:

My 14 month old grandson has just been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, immediately following having roseola. I've looked for some information on the Internet regarding the latest treatment and handling of infants with diabetes but haven't had much luck. Even a support group would be useful to my daughter.

Our youngest daughter (not he mother in this case)had an almost identical experience at the age of 20 months except the precursor was mumps. My wife and I are now 26 years out of date in the treatment of diabetic infants and would very much like to update ourselves in this regard.

Any sources of information or web locations that you could suggest would be appreciated.

You will find useful information here in the pages of Children with Diabetes.

You can also get help on our website for the children's diabetes service -- see Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Glasgow.