Question:

From Texas, USA:

I have had Type 1 diabetes for 23 years and am now 28 years old. I have had 2 successful pregnancies and after my second one I had a tubal ligation. The baby-bug has hit me again and I am considering having a reversal done. Will there be any additional complications to me or my fetus other than the normal ones caused by diabetes during pregnancy? Will a reversal affect my diabetes at all?

Answer:

A tubal reversal should not have any additional effects on your pregnancy or diabetes.

Posted to Family Planning

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.