Question:

From Brooklyn, New York, USA:

I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes about eight months ago. Since then I started exercising and watching my meals. After a month my sugar was normal and under control. Recently, I noticed that after two hours of dinner my sugar will be between 180 and 220, then after three hours it will go to down to 100 to 120. Does this mean that my sugar is not controlled anymore and I need to take some medication?

Answer:

Probably you are on the way towards going out of control. I would suggest you talk with your doctor about checking your A1c level, and maybe the possibility of starting oral agents that don't cause hypoglycemia.

Posted to Medications: Pills for Diabetes