From Massachusetts, USA:

Can you tell me how I can obtain insulin syringes with 1/2 unit calibration graduations? My 16 month old son is taking 1/2 unit of Lente only in the morning. He has been described as insulin sensitive by his endocrinologist. We are trying to accurately draw the same amount of insulin and have been told that the above mentioned syringes may be available. Terumo supposedly made them but discontinued the line.

There are no syringes on the market that have 1/2 unit markings. (Terumo 1/4 cc syringes are no longer available). Many patients use the BD 3/10 cc syringes, and approximate the 1/2 unit. Make sure if more than one person is drawing up insulin that you "standardize" what you mean by 1/2 unit. Also pay special attention to clearing air bubbles and replacing the air space with insulin. You can dilute the insulin, but speak to your diabetes care provider about this. The BD Pen Mini allows for 1/2 units, but you cannot mix 2 kinds of insulin together using the pen.