From Karachi, Pakistan:

I am a 62 year old insulin-dependent male senior citizen. From time to time I get a rash in my groin in the crease between the pubic area and my upper thighs. My doctor tells me that it is a diabetic yeast infection. What is the proper treatment?

Your physician can recommend a cream that fights yeast, although you can buy some of the creams over the counter at the pharmacy for yeast infections; ask your pharmacist which would be the best one for you. The other thing you should do is make sure you dry your skin in that area very thoroughly after bathing and that will help keep it from coming back.

This type of skin problem can also be an indication of blood sugar levels that are too high. If your sugars are not in the 80-120 mg/dl before meals, you may want to work on that too.