From Chicago, Illinois, USA:

I have Type 1 and am a beer enthusiast. I'm also a homebrewer, and am working on becoming a diabetes educator. I'm aware of alcohol's affect upon insulin receptiveness and the liver's production of glucose. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question, though: When you drink alcohol, does this interfere with the effectiveness of glucagon? It makes sense that it would, but as I said I haven't been able to find anything on it.

Yes, it does -- glucagon is one of the principal hormones responsible for the release of glucose from liver glycogen. Homebrew is frequently of high alcohol content so be careful to snack plenty while drinking, avoid getting blind drunk and check your sugar before going to bed.