From Virgina, USA:

I just found out that I have diabetes and I'm having hard time adjusting. Symptoms were there but I was unaware it was diabetes. I must know all I can. My rate goes from 41 (not eating or drinking for awhile) to 157. What is happening? Do I have Type 1 or 2?

Your blood sugar values seem to be fine.

It's impossible to explain all of diabetes in one answer, but here's some places on the Internet to start: First of all I'd suggest you to surf through this website, and also look up Understanding Insulin-Dependent Diabetes by H. Peter Chase, M.D.

From the limited information in your letter, I can't tell if you have Type 1 or Type 2.