Question:

From Greece:

I want to know about the sex life in people with diabetes. Specifically, my girlfriend has had diabetes for 5 months and I am trying to inform myself about this. Also, sometimes she asks herself "Why me?" Can you give your advice about what she should do?

Answer:

Your girlfriend should see her gynecologist and describe her specific problem and symptoms. Hopefully, the gynecologist will be able to help her or possibly refer her to a specialist. Unfortunately, there is very little if any information in the current medical literature about sexual dysfunction in diabetic women.

Posted to Family Planning