From Canada:

I am a 26 year old female. I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. I have started on insulin in small dosage in order to review my blood sugar pattern (I assume). This is my first week on insulin and I have noticed that my body creates a lot of gas. Is this a result of the insulin? The fact that my body has not been able to digest food for years (I think I have been diabetes for 2 to 4 years before being diagnosed two weeks ago). My husband can't stand to be around me or in bed with me due to the strong smell.

I have never heard of this being due to insulin. If you are consuming many sugar free foods with, for example, sugar alcohols, as sorbitol and mannitol, that may encourage extra gassiness. If this is not the case, please check with your health care provider.