From Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia:

I had three miscarriages during the past year. After the third (6 weeks pregnant), the doctor decided to investigate me. I had two oral glucose tolerance tests at two different clinics (one before D&C and one after D&C). The result before the D&C shows that my blood sugar after two hours glucose fasting was 12.7 mmol. The other result (after D&C) shows that I have a normal blood sugar of 101 mg/dl after two hours glucose fasting. Is it possible that I developed diabetes when I pregnant?

It is doubtful that you have gestational diabetes. Usually this diagnosis is made after about 24-28 weeks of gestation. The frequent miscarriages are concerning and definitely is worth further evaluation.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes