From Belton, Texas, USA:

I have a 7 year old niece with some symptoms of diabetes -- obesity, frequent urination, loss of bladder control, constant "sweets" craving. We do have a family history of diabetes and of low blood sugar problems. Her mother is unwilling to have her tested. How can we help convince her to get this child tested for diabetes?

If this child has increased urination, increased thirst, and possibly weight loss and fatigue then she should be evaluated. I'm not sure we can help by e-mail except to suggest that you provide information to this child's mother about the symptoms of diabetes.