From Alabama, USA:

I am a teacher and have a kindergarten student age 5 who is a borderline diabetic in my classroom. The mother said he is diet controlled, and is not on insulin. His sugar levels have been running in the 300's. Could high or low sugar levels affect his behavior? After meals with sugar he is uncontrollable.

Thanks for writing! A child with blood sugars in the 300 range would not be borderline (actually as a general rule children either have diabetes or not). I would urgently encourage this mother to see her physician again or get another opinion.