From Bronxville, New York, USA:

We have a 6 year old girl that has had Type 1 diabetes for 18 months. Now in kindergarten. She wants the school lunches -- hot dog with a roll and a bagel with cream cheese and a bag of potato chips. Are potato chips alright 2 days a week back-to-back? Any deals I can make once a week or every other week or okay but for dinner.... We have gotten this far via negotiations and I'd love to be able to say yes but am not sure how the fat content would affect her readings.

About the only way you will know is to try it. Look at her blood sugars and see if there is an effect. If not, or maybe even if there is, you may need to make this concession for a while. Usually children get onto another food after while. You might want to try some of the newer low fat snack crackers that are kind of like chips or even try something like Teddy Grahams.