From Texas, USA:

I am 34 years old with a twin pregnancy. I just had the 1 hour glucose test which came back at 159. For four weeks, I have been prescribed Brethine (for pre-term labor) and recently started Celestone injections. Is there any correlation between gestational diabetes and these medications?

Brethine and Celestone can cause an elevation in blood sugar values. However, the effects will wear off with time. Therefore, you should have a 3 hour glucose test probably no earlier than 1 week from the last Celestone injection. You do not need to stop the Brethine.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes